• Hydrate, your skin is your biggest organ
• Moisturize the area, especially knees, elbows, hands
• Be rested and relaxed
• Do not drink alcohol in excess the night before
• No tanning (including self-tanner)
• If you are healthy your skin will be healthy and will promote good healing
Day of Appointment
• Eat a good healthy meal before coming in
• Bring a drink, water or tea and a light snack
• Please don’t worry about pre-shaving
• Our small studio may not be able to accommodate your friends, family, significant other so please come alone
• Always remember to breathe and relax. Our shop is super chill and friendly, we are usually watching movies or listening to music
• Please bring cash
• No working out after your appointment due to swelling
• Take your bandage off within 2 hours
• Using your clean hands, wash the area with a fragrance-free anti-bacterial soap and very warm water. Rinse well to remove all soap. You may blot dry with soft paper towel but DO NOT RUB.
• Do not re-apply a bandage
• A day after your appointment apply a VERY thin layer of Aquaphor ointment, 3 times daily, and AFTER washing the area. It is very important that your tattoo does NOT appear wet and gooey from the ointment, and it’s better to be too dry than to be too moist.
• A few days have passed and and this point your tattoo may begin to peel or flake. You may keep washing the tattoo three times daily for up to two weeks or whenever it begins to peel/flake, whichever comes first. When the peeling/flaking begins then washing it at least once daily will suffice. Do NOT pick at your tattoo.
• Do not submerged your tattoo for 2 weeks (swimming)
• Do not have direct sunlight on the tattoo for 2 weeks (tanning)
• Treat your tattoo as in investment!
Saniderm After Care
• Keep on Saniderm for 4-5 days, no longer than 6.
• Your tattoo will appear blurry as the plasma and ink stay under the bandage.
• Try to not peel any corners back on your bandage, you want it to stay clean and tight the entire healing process.
• When your ready to remove your Saniderm, do so under warm running water.
• Remember to pull down, away from you while taking it off.
• Warm water will help loosen the adhesive.
• Wash the tattoo with Anti-bacterial Soap after, pat dry.
• Tattoo will be dry/flaky at this point, apply a non-perfumed lotion.
Saniderm stays on skin even when wet. Although you can easily shower after applying Saniderm, it’s important to still monitor the time you spend in the shower and do physical exercise. Prolonged exposure to water, sweating will weaken the adhesion. As with all tattoo aftercare regulations, you should avoid submerging your tattoo in any body of water. This includes baths, lakes, pools, hot tubs, or oceans.
Saniderm is a polyurethane acrylic adhesive medical bandage. The bandage is breathable and flexible, yet durable enough to protect your tattoos from outside irritants.
Saniderm is both latex free, vegan and hypoallergenic, so allergic reactions are very rare. However, some individuals have extremely sensitive skin or allergies to adhesives. If you do experience a rash, abnormal skin irritation, or other symptoms of an allergic reaction, discontinue use and wash with mild soap.